Thursday, December 4, 2008

Prayers answered....


No, the store has not sold. This was a prayer from long ago. I thought it was forgotten. However, we should all know that our prayers are answered one way or another. you see, a few years ago I had an insane desire to learn a musical instrument. I told hubby I'd like to pick up the clarinet again. Alas, after having pneumonia two years in a row it was no longer possible for me to use sustained breaths to play my dear clarinet. I had also desired to play the flute, but again, the blowing thing does not work. When I was little I had wanted to play the piano, but when we were growing up i knew we didn't have the money for piano lessons. Instead, I kept my desire hidden away. I had mentioned it to hubby who has always kept his eyes open for the chance to find just the right piano for me. I always tell him it is too much money and I don't want to spend it. Today was the day my prayer was answered. A friend came into the store and we were chatting. She was trying to downsize her home and had a piano she was willing to trade for our large display cabinet at the store that we keep our buckles in. We are clearancing out the buckles and such so we don't have that many any longer. Needless to say my ears perked up, but not as fast as the Hubby. He was more than willing. We went by to see the piano and it was absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, it needs to be restored and restrung in a few places then tuned. Again when you are dealing with a piano that is basically being given to you it is not quite as big of a problem to have it tuned and repaired. They have done a bit of research on this piano and as it turns out it was made in London by the Danemann Company circa 1900. Yes, this piano is more than a hundred years old with beautiful inlay in the front, candelabras which were surprisingly not scavenged for the metal brackets during world war 1. The keys are actual ivory with one maybe two tiny chips. nothing major. I fell in love with it and she is giving us a music cabinet as well. My heart is full....no I didn't get any pictures of it and there are none that resemble it on the internet. I promise once the Hubs gets a few big strong men to help bring it into the house I will be happy to take a few pics for you to see the incredible detail. I think I'm in love. I can't wait to take lessons and play everything!!!!

2 comments:

Jan said...

That is uber cool Tammy. I can't wait to see it.

Unknown said...

Oh, you lucky. A piano is awesome, but an antique one with character is even better! Yay!
♥Jen