Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sorry, But I am thrilled!!!

Today has been an interesting Sunday. I am teaching Sunbeams and I truly love them. They are awesome!!! I will be more prepared this time in case three extra wee ones join us. that was a shocker. I expected 4 and got 7. WOW!!!! A big thanks goes out to Sis. Ellefson who joined me since Ben was a bit shy about being there. I also want the thank Grandma. I am not sure who she was but her extra three grandkids were there and I was truly thankful for them all!!!! So i am happy. However, the anxieties that I faced were to tell you the truth horrible.

For those of you who do not know I have taught Sunbeams before. The last time I taught was in the old ward before the great dissolving of our old one. In that particular class I asked for assistance of a second adult to help me out. I even told them I would teach every single lesson. So, with one child who was autistic and another that was ADHD I plodded along taking aspirin before even leaving to church. Until the one fateful day...My dearest little Trevor was running around the room. I was just waiting for him to slip and run directly into the wall. When telling him very strongly that he needed to stop running and sit down he screamed: "You are not my mom! You can't tell me what to do!!!" A nanosecond later he slipped, fell and slammed his sweet little head into the air conditioning unit and blood started pouring out. Can we just say the sunbeams were traumatized!!! So was I!!!! I stood there directing the sunbeams to retrieve the Primary President...as it was her son...while I applied direct pressure to his head. It took 4 or 5 staples to close the wound. So..now you know the anxieties that I faced teaching a new set of sunbeams in the same exact room that this happened.

Apparently, the Lord has seen to grant a smile to me as I had just gotten out of church and made it home when I was able to catch the end of my beloved San Diego Chargers win the second game in a row that they were not expected to win. Now, please understand, I am not saying that Heavenly Father has helped them in any way, shape or form. When I was young I was born in San Diego and as I grew up and was just about the age of my Sunbeams when my grandfather and parents would take us to see Charger and San Diego Padres baseball games. I remember the Charger games the most as we would bring a couple hundred rolled tacos from El Indio's along with some truly fresh made corn tortillas that still make my mouth melt thinking about it!!! It was a family tradition to go at least twice a year and the rest of the time we would gather on Sunday and cheer on our team. Please don't be too offended, but I was not a member then either. So, when my dear Chargers play on Sunday it is more than just a football game. It is my time with my Grandpa for whom I will always miss. He was my favorite person in the world..aside from my parents. So, when my team wins I can picture my Grandfather sitting in his easy chair raising a fist cheering for our team. Thanks for the memories Grandpa!!! I miss you!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Silcox Stories said...

Tammy- I can assure you with valid testimony from one of your sunbeams that you were a hit. All afternoon we heard about D's. new teacher Sis. Caldron; how fun she is, how nice she is, and all the things she taught me! Thank you for loving my little one!-Jennie

Poetry of Life said...

We all have our one or two very special things that remind us of loved ones who've past. I say to you, go Chargers!!! (Not that I care, but I love that it makes you happy!)

Laura

Unknown said...

Sweet post. You did great on Sunday.:)