Saturday, January 5, 2008

As the midnight hour approached...

As the midnight hour approached, something miraculous happened!!! I realized that once I added a few updates my book was finally finished with the rewrites. I felt so good. Not because I was so wonderful for writing a novel, but because I had set out to do something and for seven months I have spent most of my free time letting my fingers travel as fast as they could across the keyboard desperately trying to relate the visions in my head and put them down on paper. I became amazed as I tried to sleep at times and found I could hear my dear characters: Ari & Ethan talking to me excitedly about the upcoming portions of the story. It became so difficult to block out that I spent many late nights letting it all come out until they wore out and I could finally push the save button and then crawl into bed....sometimes at 2am and needing to get up at 6am. Some of those times were very ugly mornings for me and I growled all day, but I am wonderfully thankful to my dear hubby who smiled at bedtime when he noticed my restlessness. he would simply say: "Tell Ethan & Ari I said hello." So that i would be encouraged to write down what was running through my mind. he has been a wonderful support even though he is not a fan of reading. It nearly killed him to spend 3 hours sitting in line while we waited to pick up the last Harry Potter at the midnight release. He understands that this is my thing like anything having to do with hunting and outdoors stuff is his. For that I will always be grateful. Now I get to work at trying my best to get it published...we shall see!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds exciting. if all else fails, you can always publish it at blurb.com. you can also post it for sale to the public on their website at your own price. maybe word of mouth could sweep you to the best sellers list! wouldn't that be exciting. then, you could be on oprah. wow! i'm so excited for you.

Poetry of Life said...

Tammy that's so great! I can't wait to be able to purchase the book so I can read all of the changes! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Tammy...what an adventure. I am so proud of you, finishing. It's awesome!!!