Thursday, January 17, 2008

OUCH!!!!

No, I did not hurt my knee...I promise! The "ouch" I was talking about was a recent turn down notice form a literary agent. It could have been quite bruising to my ego had I not had a good sense of humor. Here is the line in her rejection letter that really zinged me:

"I just don’t find myself compelled enough to want to see more."

Wow!!! From what I have heard it wasn't too bad of a story, but I guess my letter did not work on her. Oh and believe me I am not shedding tears one bit about it. I have a collection of my rejection notices piling up. I am keeping them to remind me of where I have come from. it will make it THAT much sweeter when I manage to get it published. Right? I have quite a collection of them for now, but that is all right. Dr Seuss was turned down over 25 times. JK Rowling was turned down on the Harry Potter series nearly the same amount. The more I throw it out there...the better methinks!!!

Don't worry, I am not taking this too much to heart. I sort of laughed when i looked at the agency name because they were actually from Canada. I had sent a query to them by mistake as i would rather support my dear friends here in the US. Don laughed and said: "Silly Canadians, they will learn what they missed when your book is published." It always feels good to have my hubby on my side. He is probably the best BFF I have ever had in my life!!!

1 comment:

Poetry of Life said...

Way to go Tammy! It will all work out. You are a great writer!

Laura