Monday, January 28, 2008

A Quick Trip....










We snuck away for a quick trip. It was just an overnighter, but we had a blast. We headed down south to Monterey. On our way down, we stopped at our regular dining choice of Andersen's Pea Soup in Santa Nella. The kids know it by the windmill turning atop the building. Don and I grabbed a sandwich and, of course, Pea Soup!!!










Once we checked into our hotel we settled a few things before taking off walking throughout the town. We had a nice set up in our room, but please do not let the bedding tempt you because the mattresses were the hardest I have ever felt. I spent a long night tossing and turning feeling absolutely miserable. Don and the kids felt the same exact way. None of us slept. Yes, the hotel did happen to hear about it.

















As we walked to Cannery Row we came across this beautiful mosaic mural hanging upon one building. This is only a sample as it was absolutely huge. My kids were excited as they studies some of the explorers whose names are inscribed upon this wall. The kids spent a good ten minutes studying this mural.











I found a really neat little store that sells Silver jewelry. All they had to do is mention everything was half off and i began my shopping spree. As I have always had an incredible curiosity with the sea I was thrilled to find a small square locket decorated with abalone. This picture does not do it justice in any way. I went back the following morning and purchased a locket for Corinna and Molly as well. They were thrilled!!!







After our restless attempt of sleep we drove down to Cannery Row to finish looking at shops when we came across the sweet little couple staring up at us. The girls had fun taking many pictures of our furry little friends.









As our trip wouldn't be complete without my favorite stop. I had to stop at my Ghiradelli shop to bring home my favorite chocolates. Yum!!!! And no... I do not share well....ask my children

The trip was fun, the kids had fun. We were worn to death and yet, even in our exhaustion we were not stupid enough to pay $225 for a shirt we found for sale in Carmel. At least I have some sense left in me!!!! Well, it was a fun trip. Hopefully next month's trip will be just as fun!!!!

1 comment:

Silcox Stories said...

Looks like a great time! I love Monterrey and Carmel. Maybe we should oraganzie a girls trip down there! We could shop, husband free and eat all the chocolate we want!