Friday, January 25, 2008

Listening to the radio...

Being that that we own a general store we have the radio tuned to a country station. Right now they are playing the duet with Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus called: "Get Ready, Get Set, Don't Go." If you have not heard this song, I would think you were crazy, it is about Billy's daughter Miley growing up and leaving the nest. I really feel the same way. Corinna is 13 now and I look and remember back to taking her to her first day at kindergarten and remember what it was like to let her stretch her wings a bit. She was five years old and I was excited for her., just like another friend who is recently very excited about her son going to Sunbeams. The kids just grow up so fast and now I look to find my oldest daughter now a teen, next year she is allowed to go to church dances, the year after she starts working part time after school, the following year she starts dating, then she heads into senior year and college. Where did my baby go?!?!?! At the same time though, I am excited for all these really cool experiences she is going to have and she is ready for them. As she ages and matures bit by bit I will ready to watch her shine, but for now I want to keep my baby fairly near for the last five years of her youth.

No comments: