Friday, January 25, 2008

If I had them...

Now, I do have to admit...if I had the money at the time to buy my kids rain boots I sure would have. While all the other kids at school had these beautiful little boots they wore to school. My children dealt with tennis shoes. it hurt that we could not provide for the kids. We simply did not have the money...I had $25 to budget our meals for the week with. it made things very difficult and that is where the depression came in. So, my dear friends please understand I was truly not trying to "one-up" one of the other coolest mom's in the world. I just was remembering back to when I had that same feeling. It doesn't come very often, but it does come to everyone. Of course I was also reminded by my hubby that if the kids did wear boots that day...they would have been filled with rainwater and mud so i am glad we went barefoot that particular time!!!!

1 comment:

Silcox Stories said...

I don't think you have it in you to one up anyone! And it's in those most trying times that we seem to find the true joys in life. I am so grateful that you shared with us. I only hope the find the perfect mud puddle some day!