Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bucket List...

I wasjust talking to a customer today and "Bucket List" was brought up. basically, it is a movie where two men are trying to complete everything they have always wanted to do and written down and thrown into a bucket. They try and complete it before the end of their lives. At least that is what I understand. So, my question is...do you have a bucket list? if so, what sort of things do you put on your bucket list? Here is mine...strange as some of them seem:

*See a book I had written on the shelves of a bookstore.- At least I am working towards that!!!

*See a Great White shark in person- Don won't let me get into a cage with one swimming about. Go figure!!!

*Survive Girl's Camp as Head Cook- We shall hope and pray that happens this year. I am still a bit jittery so that may not happen.

*Retire and buy several hundred acres and build my dream home on the acreage- we've already started looking for the property in either Texas or Wyoming.

*Take pictures of a Grizzly Bear fishing in an Alaskan River- No cage required for this one.

*See a pod of Orca in the wild. No---I am not going in the water for that one!!!

*Go to Scotland and meet my best friend- Sounds weird, but we have e-mailed nearly daily for seven years. I often wonder why we were separated by such a long distance here on this earth.

*Visit Ireland, The Netherlands and the UK to see the places where my ancestors came from.

Now, that is the short list as I have been able to mark several off my list. Here are a few that I have marked off:

*Swim with Dolphins- For an ocean person like me it was incredible. Getting to ride belly to belly with them was truly awesome!!!

*See the Sistine Chapel in person- Again, awe inspiring. I will never forget the feeling as I stood int he center of the room and took in the masterpiece before me.

*Walk the streets of Venice- It was the best feeling to spend the evenings getting lost with my eternal sweetheart.

*Tuscany- need I say more?!?!

* Bear children- Sometimes I can hardly bear them, but I do anyway.

*Disney World- For a Disney Fan it is a must see. I am dying to go back!!! Someday!!!

* Temple Marriage- That of course is a hard one considering I didn't join the church until 16 years ago. However, from the moment I looked into Don's eyes I knew that this life would never be enough.

What is on your Bucket list? And what have you already accomplished?

No comments: