Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Corinna!!!...Oh no!!!!... a teen!!!!






Well, we definitely made it through the evening. Corinna was very nervous in the beginning thinking that her friends would not show up. Fortunately, they all did and Corinna did a good job of keeping them all busy while we awaited the arrival of the limo. Can I just tell you how excited the girls were that they were going to ride in that. Unfortunately, many of the parents thanked us later for setting the bar so high for their daughters party, but you know what? You only turn into a teen once. You might as well go in style...and I had a discount!!!! Yay!!! We took the girls ice skating in Dublin and i was thrilled that I did not have to hear the squeals of teen girls about once thing or another...very thankful indeed. They ate some pizza, skated to their hearts content and a few who have never skated before found that they were quite good at it as evident by Molly. In the end the limo took the girls to their homes at the end of the night. their driver was kind enough to lend his cell phone for the girls so that they could call their parents when they were being dropped off for the photo opportunity. it was very cute and the girls all had a great time and now I am quite thankful that it is over and I do not have to worry about having another teen until...next year...and the year after. Then I should receive a lifetime achievement award in primary and be moved on my way...Right?!?! I thought so anyway. Now if you will excuse me...I need a major nap!!!

1 comment:

Poetry of Life said...

I'm glad it was so much fun!!! Don't worry about what other think. We can't keep up with each other and the girls should be able to understand that. I'll wait my many years before Dani becomes a teen. Soooo not ready for that!