Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Year's Resolutions...I can live with!!!

All right, there is always a whole flurry of new year's resolutions that everyone starts getting into such as lose weight, be happier, work harder, make more money...among many more. I have decided to take a lighter approach to it all. I have made a list of resolutions that I can truly sink my teeth in and live with.

#1) Accept myself for who I am and stop wishing that I had someone else's figure.

#2) Accept that I am truly not fashion forward, but admire those who are and ask advice...hint hint...if anyone knows of an online store for larger women that has truly cute clothes please let me know!!!

#3) Do not kill my children when i ask them for the millionth time to clean their rooms.

#4) Do not answer the telephone at work: "Caldron's General Store...Can you help me?" Not very professional, but extremely funny.

#5)Write something everyday...blog is included.

#6) Look for humor in the worst situations.

#7) Receive 20 rejection notices for my writing...you can't get a rejection if you don't send out your work...I already have 3 rejections!!!

#8) Take a chance...you never know what will happen.

#9) Try not to fall down and hurt my knees this year.

#10) Keep my sense of humor to help others smile when they are down.

So, there we have it. My resolutions for the year. I think I can live with them. What do you think? Throw out your opinions!!!! I love them!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think those are wonderful ideas and when I get some money, I think you and I (and maybe skinny Lora) should do a little shopping trip! I never get to shop for myself! If not, we should submit each other to What Not To Wear on TLC and then they can pay for our clothes!!!!

tammy said...

We might as well grab skinny Tami as well so we have some alter egos!!!!!