Friday, January 4, 2008

Just a tidbit from the middle of the night...

This is something that I had written a few weeks ago. i woke up in the middle of the night and broke out the laptop and this is what emerged. Enjoy!!!

I talked to a friend today…

I talked to a friend yesterday…her husband asked her for a divorce.
I talked to a friend yesterday…she is battling depression.
I talked to a friend yesterday…she is fighting for her life.
I talked to a friend yesterday…she watched her father beat her mother.
I talked to a friend yesterday…when she announced her engagement her fiances family protested the marriage.

I talked to a friend today…with the strength of the Lord she stands with her head held high.
I talked to a friend today…through the dark clouds over her head she has found the sun beams streaming through.
I talked to a friend today…She has kicked cancer in the butt.
I talked to a friend today…She knows she is worth more than that.
I talked to a friend yesterday…She just celebrated her fifteenth anniversary ready for an eternity to the man the Lord has sent just for her.

You never know when facing turmoil what can be in store for you. I actually wrote this as a challenge from a friend. I will read to her for the first time when we go back to Girl's Camp. From there we shall see where the future has taken us!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very, very nice!!!