Saturday, January 26, 2008

My Dear Hubby...

I was off to take care for the banking for the store and walked in to see my hubby talking to his brother down in Texas. He was talking to him about buying property. Now, in our plans Don and I would like to buy a few hundred acres in a part of Texas to give us enough room to have our own pond for fishing...duck hunting for Don, and enough trees and cover for the deer to come in. I also want to build the house of my dreams which is oddly enough almost like Vikingsholm Castle in beautiful Emerald Bay in South Lake Tahoe. If any of you have made the hike down and up to it. I guarantee it is well worth it to take the tour...and fairly cheap as well. So, Don has given me the nod that if I can pay for my dream house then we will build it. Good enough!!!! That part was not what meant so much to me. He told his brother that once my book was published and the money was there we would be buying the property, which I told him the entire time that it was my plan to do that. When his brother questioned how long that would take Don responded. "Troy, you have no idea. I have prayed about it, and know that it will happen. She will get it out there and it is going to be a success." My brother-in-law then offered to pose for the cover. I politely declined explaining that I would rather have Fabio than Flabio and that I could get into copyright infringement since he already posed for the artists at Lucasfilm as Jabba the Hut!!!! Now, please understand he is a nice guy, very trim and healthy. he works out and is great shape...but not what I have in mind by any means. It just meant some much for my hubby to have so much confidence and praying that my dreams would come true in getting it published as I helped him get to where he owned his own business...his dream has come true. He told me that I have given him everything: a temple marriage, three pretty cool kids, and now helping him to own his own business. If he gets any sweeter I'll have to sell him to Hershey's so I can afford the land!!!! Hee hee!!!

1 comment:

Poetry of Life said...

The two of you are so cute it's disgusting!