Thursday, January 24, 2008

Coolest Mom Ever!!!!!

OK! So, I was reading a friend's blog and I must admit that she was pretty cool letting her kids out in their shiny rain boots to play in the rain, but my dear hubby reminded me of when I flipped out with the rain up in Oregon. THAT is when I earned my title as the coolest Mom ever. I had dealt with a lot of depression up there with no sun and a lot of rain. One day after walking home from school with the kids i apparently flipped and brought the kids in. i took their jackets and put them away. Then i told them to put away their wet shoes, socks and their backpacks and then meet me at the front door. We all rolled up our pant legs while all the kids giggled uncontrollably. We then played follow the leader outside in the rain. I was the leader and the kids' eyes grew big as I jumped into a huge mud puddle. I told them we were playing follow the leader so they had to follow. With huge grins they jumped from mud puddle to mud puddle with me until we were covered head to toe. Our good friend, who happened to be a clean freak was watching from her window shaking her head, but if you ask my kids...it was more fun in the puddle than staying clean that afternoon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you ARE the coolest mom ever! they'll always remember that.

Silcox Stories said...

That takes the cake. Clearly I am going to have to work up to that level of coolest Mom ever! But the important thing is that I am more than willing!