Sunday, November 23, 2008

A strange night....

Last night, as we were ready to close down the store, a couple walked in and was looking around at the sale items that we are clearancing out to prepare for the inevitable move. They walked around and we started talking about the store itself. The woman just looked around like something was brewing. She asked us straight out how much we were asking. We gave her the flier and told her it was $865,000 as we are on commercial property. Her eyes kept moving around imaginary objects in her mind making me crazy wishing I had an "Edward-like" quality of reading minds. She finally explained that she wanted to start a bakery here in town and she thought this would be the perfect place. Her husband, standing with her, works in construction and pretty much can do everything she would need to have done. He asked to see the rest of the property, excluding the house as we had not planned on that one. Once he came back in she told him where she thought the ovens should go and how the front could be blocked off as the shop area while the back could be the kitchen area. it was really sort of a surreal moment watching them. My thoughts fell to: "Are these the people who are going to buy the store?" "hat of the others who looked at the store already?" "Could there be a bidding war?" "Are we almost out of here?"

Honestly, I was almost in tears thinking that these people were REALLY interested. they sold their home in the country and moved into a small newly formed city and HATE it with a passion. They are looking for another home with a country-like setting which they include where we live. I was completely flabbergasted and what was happening. I just shot Heavenly Father a prayer of Thanks for His unbending love and support to us.

Afterwards, Don dropped us girls off at the mall where we all had dinner and then went to stand in line for the movies. We had a great time. I was looking forward to seeing Twilight with just my girls...one on each side of me and have a bonding moment. As usual with life, nothing ever ends the way you want it to be. The girls' friends from school...very sweet by the way...came to see the movie and their parents took the younger sister to see Bolt. So, the girls' friends came and sat with us. Not what I had envisioned, but at least we all had Edward. Afterwards, we got their friends safely back to their waiting parents and went out to call my own personal Edward to pick us up. He laughed teasing me that I called too early and he was on his way. The girls and I stood outside and giggled and laughed. Crushes were revealed and laughter at the film's funniest moments....we love Emmett. I had my special bonding moment with my girls...the evening wasn't too bad after all!!!!

3 comments:

Redhoodoos said...

I hope something works out for you with the business and your home. I can't imagine how hard that must be.

I really want to see Twilight. This weekend just slipped by me and I didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped.

Unknown said...

I would love a real bakery here in town. I pray this is it for you. I know it has been a loooong road. Hang in there. If you want to go see the movie again, you know I am in. I JUST can't get enough!!!!

Jan said...

That would be the best Tammy. I am hoping for the new bakery in town.