Wednesday, November 5, 2008

All is well...

For now the family is safe here in California. The race has become official and the state constitution has been changed to define marriage as between a man and a woman. I am sure Legal battles by the losing party will now ensue, but the voters have spoken...twice. For now I will sit and take a deep breath and wait until the next round...there is always a next round. Already the city attorney of San Francisco is filing with the California Supreme Court. At a time when we would rather just close our eyes and sleep for a time vigilance is necessary. no longer can we close our eyes to what society is doing. I sound more and more like Harry Potter character, Professor Moody: "Always Vigilant!!!"

However, I have done all that has been asked of me and have faced the trials without flinching. All we can do is wait to see if the same courts that allowed gay marriages in the first place will try and overturn the will of the people...I pray they won't.

1 comment:

Robin Beck said...

Hi Tammy,
Thanks for posting this, I was just wondering how it went in Cali-This is real great news~♥
Robin~♥