Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Counting my many blessings...

There are so many...my family...hubby and kiddos. What would I do without them.

I am sooo thankful for the journey that I have been on with this entire Prop 8 fight to protect marriage. It has made me stronger and shown me that I CAN stand in the face of adversity. I CAN remain rooted when opposition takes the form of another human being screaming their opinion of why my choice to support this proposition is wrong. I never knew I could do that and not flinch. I never knew my children were stronger than I in that respect. They too are so proud of their actions and easily acknowledge the reason they could do this is because they had an army of angels standing behind them supporting their choice to make some noise and show people what they believe in. I have seen strength in my children and in myself that I never knew existed.

If we had moved earlier I never would have learned this lesson. I am truly grateful to a Father in Heaven who doesn't give us everything we want right when we ask for it...no matter what the reason. If in the end we lose I will know in my heart I didn't. I will know forever I didn't fall from the fence we all sit on at times...I made my choice and jumped to the Lord's side with no regrets.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Yay.

Hatch Family said...

..and you did it in style with your new very cute glasses.