Saturday, November 29, 2008

Blessed Saturday...

You all should know how blessed I truly feel. The economy is in the toilet, yet here we are still making it. People are losing their homes and yet here we are safe and snug in our home. Many retailers around here are complaining of slow sales. I am still able to walk into the bank with a near healthy deposit. I am eternally grateful for the love of friends, prayers on our behalf by family and the sound of laughter over very stupid things. Things that aren't even funny.
**********************************************

We have to seriously thank Lupe...a woman that came in to take advantage of the sale. She bought a few item and the following day bought a few more. The day following she brought her entire family in bringing us more in sales. Today our dear Lupe appeared once more this time with her cousins and extended family to Christmas shop. I am not kidding when I tell you that she has more than made nearly 1/3 of our Christmas sales today. We love Lupe!!!!

**********************************************
I read about a Peruvian woman who worked for Iberian Airlines in Spain. While cleaning the airplane in first class she found...and I am not kidding...$20,000. She turned it into the airlines and they held it waiting for the owner to claim it. 2 years and 1 day later it was not claimed. Therefore, according to Spanish law the object, in this case the money was now given to the finder. What was so wonderful is that her father had passed away and she had taken out a loan to pay for his funeral and all expenses. She took the money and paid off all expenses and sent the rest to her mother. What a wonderful story off goodness and cheer!!!

**********************************************

I spent much of my Thanksgiving trying to stop my nieces from reading any part of the latest novel I am working on. They devoured the last book and wanted more. It got to the point while I was sitting in my parent's old armchair where all of the girls gathered around asking for storytime. It was precious. Although Morgan needs to be careful. She may not like what she reads. I pulled out my notebook to jot a few things down in between the men's turkey comas and she stood outside the window behind me trying to read what I have written. She was a true turkey. On the same note that morning my youngest and her father tried to crack my password on the computer to keep prying eyes away....the password was her name. Heehee!! yes, I already changed the password.

**********************************************

The greatest news ever is that I have narrowed the houses that I am looking at in San Antonio to 34!!! Hubby's eyes bugged out when I told him it was over 100. I am so thankful that he understands there is a method to my madness. I have a clear favorite and am hoping and praying that it doesn't sell until we are ready. However, I do know that if it does, there will be another favorite. There always is!!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Good luck muddling through the 34 houses. Wow. That sounds like a challenge.