Friday, June 12, 2009

24 Hours Ago...

I heard a cat meowing. For those of you close you will know I am a dog person...not a cat. I don't like cats...except for a ferile kitten I named Hitler...white face, little black mustache...you getthe point. However, for the most part I am not a fan of cats. I've had ferile cats living on the property and I haven't minded so much as they've always ate the mice...I hate mice more than cats. Anyway, occassionally in the summer nights as all windows are open and we are nearly asleep...the cats start howling...looking for a mate. I NEVER had to howl...I know where my mate is...Texas...sigh!!!

Anyhoo...last night I heard a meowing and looked outside in time to see Mama Cat sitting next to the swimming pool while her little snow white kitten...we have appropriately named Ted...not that we know if it is a girl or a boy, but whatever!!! he was swimming in our murky pool desperately looking for an exit while worried Mama called after her baby. Searching quickly I managed to scoop Ted up with a stick and set him safely down on dry land. I backed away waiting for Mama to come and check her baby. I watched as they cried back and forth and worried the little one would freeze. brought a towel out hoping baby Ted would snuggle up in it, but to no luck. I lost sight of them after fifteen minutes, but later today saw Ted romping in the front yard tackling long blades of grass waving in the breeze.

Did it matter that I saved one little ferile cat from a long hard life? It did to Mama cat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwwww! I love this story! I can see you using it in a talk one day. :)
♥ Jen