Saturday, September 27, 2008

Conversations...

I have daily conversations, not with myself, but with my Heavenly Father. I am not praying, but when I am trying to figure out things I always find that He is my best advisor by far. Over the past few days I was thinking about the inevitable clearance sale looming in our future once the property sells. No, I am not dwelling on it, I just know it is there and coming. I had a quiet moment where my thoughts came through and we had another sweet conversation. it went something like this:
Me: Boy! There just seems like there is so much for us to sell. I doubt we will ever be able to get rid of all of it.
Heavenly Father: Why not?
Me: Well, I am not too worried about all of the clothing, feed or boots. I can donate the feed to the animal shelters and such. I can donate the vet supplies to the local heartland Stables that has riding lessons for the mentally retarded. I guess I worried about the stranger items that don't go normally. You know, like the stallmats that weigh over a hundred pounds each, the two complete horse corral panels sets along with the gates, the old seat cover for a truck, the tee-post puller and all sorts of stuff like that. I just don't know how we are going to get rid of all of that stuff!!!
Heavenly Father: You worry too much.
Me; I know, I just can't help it.
Heavenly Father: Child, have you learned nothing of faith?
Me: You're right, i really should have faith.
Heavenly Father: yes, you should.
Me: OK, I'll try.

So, now that you all think I am nutty....During the past week we have sold all of the stall mats, both sets of corral panels and their gates, most of the water troughs in back, the t-post puller and yes, even the ugly car seat cover that has been hanging around at least since the late 80's. I am amazed at what a wonderful experience it was to have it all happen like that. I watched with eyes wide open of the small miracles happening in my life. I know Heavenly father gives us each the same attention that we need and has these same conversations with each of us. Today i am choosing to be grateful for a Heavenly Father who cares for a daughter who sometimes feels like an insignificant grain of sand on a beautiful stretch of shoreline. I know with a surety that I am not insignificant. I must be special for him to take so much time with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It can only take a spiritual daughter, not a nutty one, to see Heavenly Father's hand in these dialy occurances.
Missed saying hi to you today!!!!!

Liz R. said...

that's a neat story. thanks for sharing!