Sunday, December 23, 2007

Here we come a carolin'...

We had a great time last night caroling with a large group of families. Don and I were worn to bits, after a long day serving many Christmas shoppers, but we had a wonderful time. My kids whined in the beginning of the day: "We don't WANT to go caroling!!!" Then they tried to put their foot down and tell us they were not going. I replied back in my most extremely stern mother's voice that they were going. Then "the look" came. You know the one...whenever your mother wanted to get her point across. I am not sure when we acquire that ability to give "the look"...perhaps that is why labor is so hard! Anyway, I told the kids that we were going and there was nothing they were going to do about it. So, after work I dragged myself into the kitchen and scrambled up some eggs while Corinna made all the toast. We ate dinner went and filled up the car with gas and then headed over. Apparently, the kids had no idea what we were planning on doing and with whom. They had a blast! They were still singing when we came home and can't wait until next year!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming! We ALWAYS have a great time with y'all!