Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Closing the laptop...

I had to close my precious laptop late the other night nearly in tears because of what I had just done. No, I did not miss the latest big sale at my favorite store, but instead I drew to an end the writing of my first novel. Ethan and Ari have been my constant companions throughout the last few months of my life here. They have whispered bin my ear things they wanted to say and how they wanted to say them. I have finished the writing process and now throw myself directly into the never ending re-writes. Someday I will finish and then what will I do with all my time. No worries. i am getting whisperings from Ari and Ethan on new adventures they are lined up to take, but I am willing to set them down for a season and write a short story about another couple that have been waiting patiently. We shall see what happens from there. I have not yet decided, but I think once all is finished and the manuscripts start heading out with publishers then I will take a break and work on my girls' quilts that we wanted to make. So much to do and so little time. For now the rain clouds bring about my mood of sadness. I will miss my friends' adventures and their companionship, but even friends need a bit of a vacation!!!!

No comments: