Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hard Road

Yesterday was certainly an adventure, but we are working through it all. The window was replaced and the problem with our pump was found and fixed costing us only a couple hundred dollars instead of the expected several thousand dollars that is associated with well pump repairs. We are still working on the financing, but a calm feeling has settled over my heart and so there is no worry there. We certainly have friends and angels watching over us at the dealership which seems quite unusual for me. Why am i mentioning all of this? Well, yesterday it seemed like a crazy hard road that we were on and quite honestly I was none too thrilled, but Don and I held our heads up and walked on dealing with everything as it came without getting too upset..although it made trips to the bathroom fairly difficult last night as well.

Anyway, more to the point...a friend came by who is not a member of our church but a good man nonetheless and he said to me: "being a Christian is hard work." he went over some of their troubles in the past year and quite honestly it was big, but no more than anyone else has to deal with. We talked for a good 5 minutes, which was the only free time I had yesterday with the holiday shoppers. He talked about his troubles and knew much of our troubles we have dealt with. He asked me if I found it hard to be a Christian all of the time. I thought about it for a second and then looked him dead in the eye and said: "I would find it harder to not be a Christian." he thought about it and understood just what I was saying. There were no judgements made on this dear man because he had never looked at it that way. He left the store with a whole new attitude. So, amongst all the trials of the day i was thankful to be given the opportunity to serve a friend and help them on the hard road they were on and realize it wasn't as hard as it would seem.

No comments: