Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Where has it gone?



I remember sitting up late as a teenager not watching slasher movies like many of my peers, but the classics such as "Casablanca" or even such musicals as "Brigadoon."

Such epic love stories these days have been replaced by those infused with pure lust and sex. What happened to love stories that touched on ones own emotions rather than relying on showing as much skin to the youngest youth allowed. I long for a movie to emerge from what is considered the norm which truly touches the emotions and lifts the spirit. Triumphing over the adversities of life.

1 comment:

Freyja Colborn said...

I so completely agree with that. While i never saw "Cassablanca" till I got married i grew up with the movies like Brigadoon as well and completely miss that type of movie.