Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Touching Moment...


Today at church I arrived at the normal early time...yes, I am always insanely early for everything...to church and as we were sitting there filling out our tithing slips in our normal pew...4th from the back. Why is it we sit in the same place everytime. We sat one row back once and someone commented on it. Whatever! Anyway, one of my beautiful Laurels approached. These are my girls. If you never guessed it...I ADORE these girls!!! I just love 'em!!! Well, nearly all of them are graduating this year and colleges are swimming around in their thoughts. Today one of my girls stopped by and sat down to talk.This darling girl has the voice of an angel and is one of my own...a drama geek.

Today this sweet girl nearly sent me to tears when she asked if I would attend her high school graduation this saturday. I am thrilled and excited that she would invite me. So, forget the garage sales this weekend, load up on tissues and charge up the camera...it's time to celebrate!!!

3 comments:

Momza said...

Aww how sweet. Wonderful Laurel advisors are treasures to my girls. So special that you will be there to share her special day.
We're down to 2 days until Nana is thru with high school. ugh.

CB said...

That is wonderful!
My daughter is graduating next week and is close to many of her leaders and past leaders teachers - they mean the world toher.

You never realize what type of an impact you make :D

H.K. said...

It's amazing the bond that we have the girls in Young Women. I served for many years in YW and have already received wedding & baby shower announcements! I love getting them and then it makes me think, geez I must be getting old!