Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Stand Deliver...



I'd like to introduce you to one of the most absolutely coolest people I've ever known...my mother. Both my parents are the most incredibly awesome people you'd ever meet. They are always there for us and are still there. When life kicks us down they are always there to help us get our feet back under us. In fact, on June 27th they will be there helping me as usual. They are going to drive my moving truck from California to Texas in a 25 plus hours of driving. For that I will always be grateful. They are the most fun people ever. Yes, we've had differences at times, but for goodness sake who hasn't?! This is also the woman who taught me what it is to be who I am and let people accept it or get out of the way. We've had fun vacations/experiences and even got in our trouble when we had a small food fight...my dad tried to send us to our rooms!!!

This weekend they've had a fun time visiting their old Southern California haunts and getting know distant cousins from the UK. They were sure to call me when they stopped by at one of the greatest mexican food places around that my early youth revolved around. My memories of living in Tahoe revolved around sports. Yes, we are all sports fans in my family. I remember my parents taking us to see the Chargers play with my family including Grandparents and I think cousins, but I can't be too sure of that one. Needless to say, we stopped off as a family to El Indio's near old town and picked up several large trays of rolled tacos/taquitos and packages of freshly made corn tortillas...I'm drooling right now just thinking of them.

I talked to my parents and they said they were driving home tomorrow. but first they will head over to El Indio's at 8:30am to order their goods where they will then pack them away into an ice chest and bring them home. As they pass my hometown on their way home they will be calling and we will meet on the side of the road where they will deliver my manna from heaven including a large package of fresh tortillas!!! I have the greatest parents! Thanks Mom and Dad!!!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

It is SO nice to meet her. Wonderful post. She does sound wonderful.