Saturday, March 7, 2009

M.I.A.


I feel like I have been Missing In Action lately.
My re-energizing days off have been less than re-energizing, but please know I am not a "Wo is me!" type person. It is never a pleasant thing to know that your life is going down the toilet, but instead of being flushed away with despair I choose instead to do the backstroke.
I've been spending a lot of my free time lately concentrating on my latest writing project. When I start writing and get into I lose all track of time and senses. I am however grateful that my hubby is understanding enough to not lose his cool when he asked me what I am preparing for dinner and I look at him with a blank stare and say: "Dinner? what's that?"
So, today I kicked him out of the store for a day of fishing. It's been so slow around here there is no doubt in my mind that I can handle it. The best part is....during the quiet moments here int he store I can catch up with my bloggy existence before dropping back into the facebook world and eventually ending up back writing the novel again.
Tonight we fly off again. it is something we haven't done in quite a bit. We canceled all vacations to save our pennies, but it is time we flew the coop. So, for little more than a tank of gas we are driving down to the coast tonight to stay with Don's cousin who I happened to know fairly well in high school. It's one of those twists in your life that makes you turn around and repeat my youngest's favorite thing to say when she was three...."What the heckie?!?!?!" The best part is that I met his Mom at a family reunion and we spent several hours talking and laughing when I found out her last name. I mentioned I knew someone in high school with that same last name....Yup!!! It was his mother. She and I have kept in touch all of these years and we just got back in touch with her son and finally made the time to go and see him before we eventually move.
It's some psycho, crazy, weird, time warp thing happening here in our lives, but it promises to be a weekend with more fun, twists and turns than Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in Disneyland.I am a bit worried as the testosterone will out number the estrogen...pray for me girls...pray for me!!!

No comments: