Friday, August 8, 2008

What a gr8 d8!!!!


For me this is one of my favorite days every two years. The start of the Olympics!!! I have to warn you. I am a huge Olympic fan. I had major desire to compete, but life and my knees told me no. So, here I am...a huge fan!!! Tonight the Olympics starts and for the next 2 1/2 weeks I will watch the stories from athletes around the world. I will cheer for my country...and if they are not in the finals i will cheer for the others. It is the one time where countries can gather without politics getting in the way. Yes, I cried when North and South Korean athletes marched together for the first time. They showed courage and heart. I cheered for a man who swam and came dead last, but would not give up though the race was over seven minutes earlier. When asked why he bothered to finish his small but humbling words fell from his mouth. "My country did not send me halfway around the world to quit. They sent me to finish the race." So, as you are flipping through the channels through the next weeks, take a moment to reflect and maybe even cheer for those who are competing and who are filled with the spirit the Olympics represents.

Have a great day all!!!

4 comments:

Jan said...

Have a gr8 da8e.

Redhoodoos said...

THanks for the reminder of the Olympics. I'll try to watch them this weekend.

Robin Beck said...

The olympics always make me cry and cheer at the top of my lungs at the same time! Love them!
Have a great weekend-
Robin~♥

Unknown said...

At school today the entire school did an Olympic opening ceremony, with torch runners from each class. Also, in church I am doing the Olympics for singing time. Ask M which country her class is, we kicked it off last week. I LOVE the Olympics too!!