Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I've been out of it...

Sorry all, I have been completely out of it lately. It's funny though. Normally, my blog is the palce where i can go and visit and take myself out of the crazy world which I live in. For now, my crazy world is turned upside down...in a good way...

We spent the weekend with Don's family. His brother, from Texas, is visiting with his family. A few of you at church may have seen a couple of my nephews who stayed overnight with us while Molly fled to the mountains with her cousin. Here are the two of them...two peas in a pod. Although her cousin is a year older, Molly stands a foot taller. They had a great time together. I saw the future with them when we arrived. They were sitting out on the deck looking out at the mountains and the valley while sipping on some ice water. They were so cute!!!
The boys were taking off to another brother's house to go golfing and such while us girls stayed behind with the kids. Poor boys, as they were loading up when they walked back into the house we would boo them, but as they left we would cheer that we would have free time without them!!! FYI Don thought it was hysterical while his father wasn't as thrilled.
We stayed up that night looking at old pictures of the family. Don was adorable as a boy riding his bike and "Big Wheel" Then we got to the teenage years. I forgot how strangely we dressed in the 80's. I have say though...if I would have seen Don on campus in high school (we attended the same high school, graduated the same year, but never met) I would have thought he was hot. My brother-in-law had on some of those hugely tight pants of the 80's and we were laughing so hard because we couldn't figure out just how he could breathe. I even got a picture of Don and his date at the girl's Treat dance we both attended!!! I'll have to see if I can find my picture and I will post them both. It was a great evening...even if my date did eat escargot.

Anyway, we took the kids to the park and palyed for a bit before we settled in for a chick flick and relax. It was a good weekend but long. I am still recovering.

Yes, I haven't been on the blog much. Mainly because when I get home I am "decluttering" the house. We have made it a project to get rid of all the useless things we have. So, we are going through everything. I am packing away soem things I don't need right now and making the house look like a normal house isntead of one that a packrat owns. Go figure!!!! I will update of the rest of the craziness soon, but for now trust me when I say...yesterday was not a normal day around here. Then again, what is normal around here?!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are okay. I hope I didn't make you feel bad. I was just worried...

Jan said...

I love when you post pictures. Glad everything is okay with you and your family. We missed having you around. Looks like a fun time.

Robin Beck said...

Hi Tammy,
We are doing the same thing...Getting rid of clutter while trying to get organized. I miss your posts but have you on Google Reader so I can see when you do post something new. Love the pictures, sure looks like all the kids and everyone is having a great time.
Take Care and remember there is plenty of time to blog when the snow starts falling!
Robin~♥

Hatch Family said...

welcome back....i was wondering where you had gone!