Thursday, August 7, 2008

I've found them! I've found them!!!!


We have worked hard on Don's side of the family it our family history, but there have been some blockades that we can't explain. In Sicily for example there is a clan of Salamones and of course everyone in the entire family has the same names!!!! Ugh! My brain hurts just thinking about it, but I was able to link and start thinking on another generation last night. I am also searching for Pedro Mendoza, in Mexico...How hard can it be?!?!?! Kind of like finding: "John Smith" in the US I guess. FABULOUS!!!!Needless to say, it has been a long haul on this little branch of the family tree, but the branch is starting to extend now. I am thrilled to finally have a breakthrough!!! It's about time!!!

3 comments:

Jan said...

That is just wonderful news. Tammy. That cartoon about cracked me up. Very clever indeed.

I hope that you can figure out the Mexico thing. How hard that must be.

I need to be more like you and dive into this work. My mother does, and I need to watch her more.

Good luck and let us know.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh, I should be like you! I heard the church redesigned their site -- is it handier now?

I worked on it when I was younger -- it just boggles my mind when you have to start getting into the microfiche and everyone has the same name and everything.

I admire you!

Redhoodoos said...

I love family history - I just need to do it more! Good for you - that really is exciting.