Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our little Buddy...


Well our good day has turned dismal. Our sweet Chocolate Lab, named Buddy, has passed away. He was a sweetheart and a goofball. Poor Bryan found out before heading out to the "Son's of Liberty" encampment this morning. He shed a few tears, but he is fine now. Although sad, he will be enjoying his exeprience for the next few days and that will keep him busy. Buddy though was our little sweetheart always loving to get his ears scratched and give puppy kisses...even though he was an adult. I feel worst for Don. He loved Buddy so much. I am sure that he will be fine, but today will be a sad day for him. I shall never forget him jumping in the swimming pool to swim with the kids, catching our customer's chicken...and not killing it, and the endless humping on my poor dog even though he was snipped a long time ago. He was our goofy little guy and I will miss him.

6 comments:

Jan said...

I just posted about pets and then I see your little buddy. I am so very sorry Tammy. They are friends and you will miss him so. Hope that you can get another one soon.

His little sweet face. What a darling of a dog. Take care.

Robin Beck said...

Sooo sorry Tammy-He was a cutie for sure.

Unknown said...

Tammy, I am so so so sorry for you guys! Bless your heart!

Redhoodoos said...

I am so sorry, Tammy. That is so sad. I dread the day that this will happen to my cats. But you had wonderful times with him and wonderful memories that can't be replaced. Makes it so worth it!

Silcox Stories said...

Oh, that is so hard; this truly the reason I am so hesitant to have a dog. I remember so well the sadness I felt as a kid when our dog died and while I realize it's part of life and all the other stuff people tell me, I don't know that I would be strong enough to help my kids with the loss of the beloved family pet. Time will tell, but in the meantime, I am so sorry for your family. But even I saw the vision of Buddy and Heavenly Father playing catch, and that was sweet!

Hatch Family said...

sorry that you lost buddy. it's not fun to lose a pet.