Thursday, January 15, 2009

Do I hear 12?!?!? Someone give me 13?!?!?!


So, I was having this grand conversation with my youngest, Molly. You know the conversation I am talking about. It is the one where a child is trying to weasel something out of said parent. Gird up your loins, Mom...this one's a doozy!!! So, she wanted to know when she was allowed to have a Facebook account. I told her the same answer I have told all the kids...when you are 12 and there will be BIG monitoring on my part done. If you can deal with the fact that I am looking at what you are writing then I have no issues, but being that I am here to protect you this is the rule. Take it or leave it. I am ready for a huge battle...I will succeed!!! Honestly, there was no need for it...Molly ended the entire argument before it even happened!!! Here is the conversation:

Molly: Mom, When can I have Facebook?


Me: When you are twelve, sweetheart.


Molly: (sighing) How about when I am thirteen?


Me: (wondering what trap I am walking into) Sold!!! You can have Facebook when you are 13!!!


I walked away and she was stunned that she won the debate...until she realized...she truly lost. Sweet!!!!

2 comments:

Jan said...

LOL...

RBS said...

I would love to read your last lecture (only I don't really want it to be your last) Thanks for the visit on my blog, and aren't teenagers the best. This is when I could truly say, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. But I am thrilled it is behind me.
Roxanne