Thursday, February 19, 2009

Good Gracious Good Morning...


It's no secret I had absolutely no sleep the night before...well 75 minutes if you want to get "technical", but whatever. So, I did fairly well, but I was also completely under the weather as well. So, I went to sleep fairly easily last night after watching a Duran Duran concert on VH-1... You gotta love that channel! We were sleeping fine until the alarm at the store screamed everyone to wake up at 3AM!!! No, it really was 3AM.folks. The motion detector went off which means the little critters were roaming the halls. Fabulous!!! Just what I wanted to think about. Needless to say we searched the property and there was nothing seen. We then went back home and dove under the covers. I slept and slept and slept...I ignored my dear little Blackberry when it told me it was time to rise and shine...I left it in my jacket pocket! Fabulous!!! Now normally, I wake up at 6am and then start the kids waking up at 6:30. Nope! Today I slept until 7:37am when my oldest told me I had overslept. I asked her to wake everyone and then I jumped into the shower. now, you would figure I woke up 1 hour and 37 minutes late we would be in trouble. It is in these times you find out how good you've done as a mother. I got out of the shower, dressed, make-up, hair done within about 15 minutes total. After slipping into my shoes I set about making lunch where Molly had kicked into play. Corinna and Bryan took care of everything else. Molly was working the lunch bag...without being asked...while I slapped together some good ol' PB&J's. Lunches made and everyone was ready...We left 10 minutes late folks. After all that only ten minutes later than our normal time. Oh and they weren't late to school either!!! My kids ROCK!!!!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow you are good! I could never pull that off!!!!

Thanks for entering my contest! Come back and vote for your FAVE purple item! Some are insane!!!

Jan said...

Great kids. Teaching them well I see. Duran Duran could keep anyone up. You better start watching Lawrence Welk before bed Tammy.