Tuesday, February 24, 2009

From the receiver...


I was reading one of my "favorite" bloggers and she mentioned about following promptings if they be good. We have done a lot of following promptings around these days and I see the good it does. However, I also would like to share a story of my own receiving. When my children were little itty bitties we had a tough time with money. After paying all bills for some time we were able to spend $25 a week on groceries. Believe it or not I did fairly well. I was workin' the coupons and sales like none other and kept my kids fed, diapered and happy...Oh and all three were in diapers at the same time!!! GASP!!! I know...That nearly killed me. Anyway, back to the point. I hit one of those days where nothing was working. The sales items didn't work for me. I had no idea just what I was going to do. I prayed so wholeheartedly I could feel it in my toes. I poured out my stress to Heavenly Father and He listened...He always does. He listened to me name off about 15 different and REALLY random items I could use to make it through the week. It wasn't anything fancy, but it would blend well with my other items I managed to get from the store. Somewhere, someone was listening as well. When Heavenly Father whispered my list into their ear and told them where to drop it off...they listened. Not 24 hours after my prayer I opened the front door to find two bags filled with every item on my list. Somewhere, someone listened. Somewhere, someone thought they were being incredibly random...What they didn't know is not only did they provide me with the food to feed my children, but a lesson I will carry in my heart always. To all who are on the receiving end...never forget those blessings. And to those who carry out random acts of kindness and follow those sweet promptings from a receiver...thank you.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Oh my gosh Tammy. That is so wonderful. Thanks for telling us your story. I find it amazing how quickly it came. That scripture of He knows what you need before you do is so true huh. These little acts of kindness and knowing that somebody followed thru on a prompting, carries us for many years in our journey. That is so fantastic that all the items were covered. Tammy is loved.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Some would say that this was a coincidence but if you have the faith that the Lord can make up the difference when we come up short then that is when the miracles happen. Again, thanks for sharing.