Monday, February 2, 2009

Band-Aid

I've often remarked to hubby and others that I am a band-aid at church. It seems to me, and others around me, that I am called to serve with some of the hardest to serve with women. I've felt, since noticing this, that I was put in to fill in until the real person was called to that particular calling. I've felt that way with all my calling with the exception of my current calling. I truly love my Laurels with all my heart. I watch them like a mother bird watches her babies fly for the first time. Yesterday, when one of my Laurels bore her testimony it touched my heart so deeply tears came to my eyes, which is not an easy thing to do. I grew up with 2 brothers...show no weakness, right? I realized at that moment each and every calling whether short or long...was meant for me. I was meant to be in that particular place and that particular time in my life. I felt so dumb thinking I was simply a band-aid. No, I was simply the tool the Lord needed at that time. I am so grateful to be with the girls I am with. I have grown close to them and the day I leave I will leave them with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes. I am preparing my "last lecture" for them...gospel related of course. I thought about the professor who had done the same and I want to do the same for them. In a brief half hours time I want to give them an overview of what life really is and how they can be the happiest. It will be the greatest gifts I can give them. I owe them that. They've already given me everything. They taught me who I really am.

No comments: