Monday, June 2, 2008

Ready for bed...

It has been a very long weekend my friends. Not only did Don make it through the accident, even though it still bothers him. No worries though, the only thing hurt were the metal cars...no humans were hurt.
" />
We drove up after work Saturday to see my two nephews, Bradley & Jeremy, be awarded their Eagle Scout awards. It was terrific to see them and have my little guy the chance to see his cousins getting that award he was worried about.

Sunday we went to church where Don began to have chest pains. Before you all freek out he does this when he is stressed out. it has nothing to do with his heart, but with stress instead and how his body reacts. He is doing much better. After he rested a bit I drove us all down to see my nephew Kenny, who we attended his graduation from high school on Thrusday. On Sunday his birthday/graduation party was set and we attended that. needless to say my hubby couldn't help, but give Kenny an extra surprise!!!!

If you want to know whyI fell in love with my hubby here it is: He always makes me laugh.



I was buying this t-shirt from Bubba Gump's down on the pier. Normally delicious it had failed to impress us at all today. I wnated this t-shirt especially for mutual this week. it would at least give the girls a giggle. Well, the young lady at the counter said to me......drum roll please!!!!!.....................................

"Did you see the smaller ones over there in the back? They would be great for your GRANDKIDS!!!!!!!!"
My heart broke and after picking my chin up off the ground I quickly explained to the young woman that I am merely 36 years old and that she should keep her thoughts to herself."

I hate her...

3 comments:

Jan said...

If it helps, I am not a big fan of hers either. How rude Tammy. I love the shirt and all the festivities. Have a great week. I posted pie in the face today too. I think that is a little bit ironic. Don't ya think.

Unknown said...

Hope Don is okay...You know what? We went to Bubba Gumps in Hong Kong and decided it is yuck! Basically a bunch of fried food. Sadly we will not go back...Oh, and I think the Bubba Gump movie is wayyy overrated...I know, I know...just shoot me!

Carolyn said...

Your hubby looks like a fun guy. Sweet.

And as for the girl at Bubba Gump - let me guess, she was younger than twenty and clueless? Don't you remember being that young and stupid when anyone who was more than 1 year older than you seemed ancient? I don't know if that makes you feel any better except to say that many girls who are young and stupid have no perspective, no sensitivity towards others and no sense of age. What a dummy.