Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It was sort of sad...really it was....

Yesterday was sort of a sad day. Don and I ran errands and accomplished a lot of things....which basically means we spent a bunch of money. It was not planned to spend so much, but in the end we did because of a few factors. There are a few stores going out of business and sadly enough we took advantage of the sales. I almost felt guilty for buying knowing they were closing, however Don gently reminded me that we shopped there before ona regular basis and I can't save the world/stores all by myself. Needless to say I bought a large amount of clothing for myself...which I hate to do. However when I can get t-shirts for $4.50 that I can wear up to Girl's Camp and not care if they come home stained or such then that is a bonus. I was trying to figure out just how to work that. I also bought the girls new bed sets as they were on sale as well. We also shopped for Bryan's scout camp coming up in a couple weeks and then from there we bought myself and Corinna two new pairs of water shoes. Corinna's are for camp and mine are for the kayak.

I can hear your minds.....Kayak?!?!?!?! That is what my hubby received for Father's Day. It was a double kayak that he wanted for his days off and our visits to Tahoe or any lake for that matter. Yes, we have tested it out...as I am not the smallest woman on the planet. At nearly 6 ft tall how could I be? Anyway, we both climbed on in the pool and paddled a bit about. It was great. No capsizing or anything!!!! Now we just need to find the life jackets. That will be a job for later on this week perhaps. We shall see what happens. Anyway, now we can hopefully find time to relax a bit before the end of the week hits again!!!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Okay, I love a sale. Too bad about the stores going out of business though, Hopefully a large chain and not a "Mom and Pop" one though.
And good luck with the kayak. Hey.... I've just realized that you can it forward and backward the same way! Are you going to work on the arms before you go? To save some soreness?