Sunday, June 8, 2008

Listener Appreciation Concert...

Hello all...I'm back. It was a wild and crazy weekend and I am happy that it is all but done. It started off Friday with our claims adjuster coming from our insurance to check out the truck. Within about 45 minutes she had all of the parts needed for reorder and worked out the estimate with the body shop to fix Don's beloved
"Misty"...aka...our truck. So, she had a check in Don's hand that leaves us free and clear to pay our deductible and it is paid. I am grateful that portion is done. We also have our claim number and it is all set so that when we put the truck in we go and get our rental for the time being. I love my insurance company!!!

Now off to the real fun!!!! We set up for the concert on friday for a couple hours and then made our way back home. I left early on Saturday morning loaded with products to sell. With the help of my girls we set up in a few hours and were ready for business. The gates were not opened until noon so we had a little time to relax. Once the gates were opened I attempted to be my charming self. it seemed to work. We sold a decent amount of goods. i wished I had sold more, but I can't help that people were just holding onto their money tighter these days. When the concert started the party began.

I snuck away from the booth at the end of each act to meet the men performing. This is me while the concert is going on and before my camera died. Sad but true. They didn't allow our own cameras backstage as it would take too much time so I will be getting the professionally taken pictures later on and I will post them when they are delivered.

For now I will share with you the men I was lucky enough to meet.


First: Lee Brice-
Lee has been on the scene for a little while. he was a football player for awhile until an injury sidelined his college career. He was headed for being a civil engineer when he decided to go for his dream. Lately he is known for writing Garth Brooks latest hit "More than a Memory" which I do admit is one of my favorite songs. he sang it saturday and I loved it. He is quickly making his name known in the country music world and it was a fun time getting to see him perform.

The second one I met was Andy Griggs.

Andy seemed to me to be a real down to earth kind of guy that appreciated where he was at and what he was doing. I truly enjoyed him and he got the house pumping fairly well. Just a quick side story. While getting my picture done with my group there was a little girl named Skyler. She was about 6 years old. He took his own time to give her some special attention. As we crowded in for the picture Andy had his arm around me and another gal on the other side. he stopped the photo from being taken and asked Skyler to stand right in front of him. Afterwards we headed back to our tent, but Andy called her back and autographed her VIP pass especially for just her since autographs were not allowed as they were available for a limited amount of time. He's a good man.

And finally...Blake Shelton

Now, you need to understand I love his music. he is just as close to really hitting it big as Taylor Swift was last year at this same event put on by the radio station. If you get a chance to listen to his song "Some Beach" then you will hear a bit of why I love his music. He really knew how to get the 20,000 plus people dancing and playing. As we went over there to meet him the group i was with froze when he said hello. I looked at them strangely and walked right on over. He shook my hand and swept me up into a hug and said: "Hey there darlin'" I have to admit my thought process shut down for a moment while I caught my breath. After the picture I was the last to wish him well and I received another hug. hey! Why not!!! I am adorable!!! Right?!?!?! I thought so!!!

So, I managed to get everything we hadn't sold home and was incredibly exhausted last night. It was a great night!!!!

2 comments:

Jan said...

You are adorable Tammy. I love this. That sounds like a blast. You did so good. And you looked hot that night.

Those guys are great. How much fun to meet them and get that concert rolling. Good job and it looks very successful.

Hopefully people will start dipping in the wallet a little deeper here soon... Take care and keep on bringing it.

Poetry of Life said...

It looks so fun! I wish we could have been there! I'm glad you got to go though, you deserve it!