Saturday, November 3, 2007

Sad News....I'M BORING!!!

i know...I know. It has been declared that I am boring. Oh how heartbreaking ti was to get that news. Actually, I think it slipped out because I got tired of planning every night with the kids and him and I was tired. i wanted someone else to come up with something to do. I am truly tired of making every single decision. Why are men like that...sorry if any of you are reading this...but I assume you will blame it all on PMS and move on so we will leave it at that...So, I have been on strike waiting to see just what would happen. Here are the details....you all will get a laugh at this. We stopped by one of our favorite restaurants (old fashioned and haunted to boot..love it)..the Banta Inn... they got a very simple menu but I love the food. Anyway, we hit there at a particularly busy night and somehow ended up eating in the corner next to the jukebox nearer the bar than we would really like. The owner is a friend so we just let it go and he tried so hard to take care of us it was not even funny. The entire night turned into a comedy of errors. The cook...there was only one tonight was making everyones food and we had just been seated after a rush of people had come in so we had to wait in line. he was using every inch of the stove...anyway, i sat with my back to the jukebox with started blaring out some Kid Rock song that by the end of Molly started singing along with the chorus. the bonus is that we watched an entire episode of CSI on their tv's before our meal had even got there. The very best part was that Don was not able to complain because he set it up. I didn't complain at all and of course our friend Dave comped us part of the meal because we had to wait so long. By the time we got our dinner and left it was near the kids' bedtime so we had to go stop by the grocery store on the way home before Sunday hit. his planning of the night was a complete and total disaster. Not that I am gloating or anything, but there truly could not have been a more boring evening...And I am the one that is boring.
Oh and I am not kidding about it being haunted...there are several ghosts that truly do haunt the place. If you want details I can give them to you later!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Boring is NEVER a word I would use to describe you! MEN!

tammy said...

Ahhh! but it is true. I am fairly certain it had to do with the man's version of PMS...permanent male syndrome...

Silcox Stories said...

Tammy-
I love your blog! I will back you up, the Banta Inn is haunted, perhaps we can take a group out there soemtime!!!

Jennie Silcox