Saturday, August 1, 2009

Some of my favorite things...

I don't know if anyone else does this, but when I travel I like to bring something special home to remind me of the fun and feelings I had wherever I was. One of my favorite things is my Zulu basket.

No, I didn't make it to South Africa...yet, but I picked this up in Disney World. I am one of those people who loves baskets, but not any baskets...different types of baskets. At the time this little basket was perfect size and cost to fit my busget and my house. It is different and always makes me smile as I remember we were eating at a restaurant in Animal Kingdom when I saw them. They were sweet enough to send it to my hotel and I picked it up 2 days later. I always smile remembering the good times we had there. The best part...the basket I bought is a beer basket. Yup!!! The Zulus make their own beer and store it in this basket. I began to laugh. It was like the last time we were in San Antonio, before moving here I saw some fleece blankets on sale and bought them for my kids without actually unrolling them...bad idea. Molly's has martinis all over it...she still uses it and it makes me laugh.

My family tends to laugh at the items I come home with. In Maui I came home with my own tiki who watches over my family. It's only 2 feet tall and heavier than heavy can be! In Italy I brought a vinegar and oil set. I hand carried it home to the states. I hand carried it from California to Texas.
My family rolls their eyes everytime, but they understand.

What do you collect...or am I the only packrat left in the world?

No comments: