Sunday, August 9, 2009

Because....


Going through the craziness of our lives I'm sure you all have felt it. You know, those days when the "Why Me's" outnumber the "We thank thee, Lord's." I know they've done it for me lately. On the outside I put on the happy face, but this trial has been one of my hardest personally to go through. It's more mental than anything. However, after asking the "Why Me's" for awhile you begin to feel redundant and then your eyes are opened. the "Why Me's" are now replaced with the answer "Because."

Why did we give up so much to move so far?

Because

Because why?

Because you were willing.


Ahhhh! Gotcha...




***As a side note- I am a little geeky when it comes to the internet. When we moved I kept glancing back as we drive int he rear vew mirror saying good-bye in a way. Well, the internet is the same. I would type in www.lds.org and then sign in and see our old ward's webpage with my name still there. But this morning as I typed my name in something happened. No longer was my old ward there. And the quote for the ward read:
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me..." Matthew 11:28-29.

I guess sometimes Heavenly Father has to tell us to stop looking back. A lesson to be learned for sure.

4 comments:

Jan said...

"Because you were willing"

Love that thought Tammy. And glad he gave it to your little heart too.

Jan said...

Or big heart I should say :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Tammy just what I needed to hear!!! Steve has been telling this to me lately but for some reason I keep looking back because it's hard to forget and say good-bye...but I committed myself on Sunday night to NOT look back..only forward from now on. We can do this together my friend :-) I sure love you..thanks for your support!!
Christine

Poetry of Life said...

So, if I don't want to go through any more trials I just need to be not willing anymore??? I wish...I'm with you girlfriend. My "why me's" have way out weighed the "wow I feel so blessed" lately. I love reading your blog though and know that if you can do it, so can I.