Monday, March 7, 2011

Less than 4 months and Counting...


I never really thought about it...Who does?! It almsot sounds like a dirty word to so many. I was recently at my daughter's school a young girl was telling her girlfriend that she would rather be shot than turn 30. I stifled my laughter as my daughter and I rolled our eyes. 30 is when you're just tarting to live. You know what the world is like and you simply don't care. You are who you are and that's all there is to it



My 20's were years that tested my mental health as I struggled with my identity. being a bride and mother at the age of 21 was difficult yet not altogether impossible. having 3 kids in 3 years sent me nearly over the edge. Looking back...I was weak. I wouldn't change a thing. I am who I am and that's all I can say.


This year, July 1st, I am celebrating my age. I am stepping out a woman of distinction in knowing what I want. Many women shy away from 40. They believe it's halfway to the grave. But I declare 40 to be the greatest age on earth. I will celebrate the woman I've become after staggering through some mind numbing trials and some incredibly beautiful triumphs.

So what do you think?! Is 40 beautiful or what?!?!?

No comments: