Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ahhh Yesterday.....

I felt a bit more human yesterday as I slept in a bit longer and for the first time in two and half weeks I got up, showered, and got dressed in my truly adorable suit I bought a month earlier. Now, I will tell you I've bathed every single day, but this is the first time I've dressed up for the day. Hubby got home from picking the kids up from seminary and dove under the covers to snag 8 hours before needing to leave for work later that afternoon.

Me?!

I was on my way downtown for an interview. By all means I am soooo a Marriott girl for life and would love to stay with this company until I retire, but for a different position on property. I was able to get myself in the position to be interviewed for a high profile position in the property. At this property over 1,000 groups come through every year. Only 6 poeple coordinate these groups and create the groups in the system. They are the ones that deal with the clients and are there to greet the groups as they come in. I love the thought of working with a close knit group. I love the fact that I am responsible for the clients as they come in and my job is to make sure their group's visit is memorable enough to bring them back next time. One problem....I am one of 5 interviewing. I think I rocked the interview and was brought up to meet everyone in the group. Now I simply have to wait until the decision is made....beginning of next week, they said.

Of course, I've been through enough interviews to simply say...."We'll see"

All I can ask is prayers...this is a monday through friday position with few appearances on the weekend required. Church attendance every week would be VERY possible.

No comments: