Thursday, August 25, 2011

At Summer's End...

Summer has now come to an end and the kids are back in school. All I can say is : "Thank Goodness!!!!"

Now, I know what you're all saying.... "That's not a good attitude!" However, when you have 3 teens who constntly suck down every single bit of the groceries you've purchased 15 minutes earlier in one single gulp. When they complain there is nothing to do, they want to go somewhere, they want to do something. SIgh...they drive me crazy. This year, I shipped all three off to EFY for a week together. It was one quiet week at my house....which was great consiering I'd started my new job. Here are a few of the highlights:
Corinna is my sixteen year old who is now allowed to date, but has yet to find anyone that will uphold her standards, but she finds many ways to have a great time with friends. She loved EFY as well as Young Women's Camp. She also fell in love with Scripture study this summer.
Bryan is growing up fast and striving in his callings at church and I find myself thinking of the mothers of the 2,000 Stripling Warriors and how they must've felts as their sons aged being brought up in the church an seeing the spirit rest easily upon their shoulders....and I am grateful to be his mother. And yes, He loved EFY and Scout Camp as well.
And then there was Molly....Oh me oh my Molly!!! I adore her, she is my baby after all...and yes...all of their eyes are really that blue. She was able to go to EFY for the first time this summer. She had a blast and enjoyed hanging out with a bunch of girls who were all like her. She had a blast at Young Women's Camp as well and she was even sweet enough to bing an extra fan to her sister at camp....it wasa 107 degrees all week while they were there, but luckily they had cabins to sleep in. No AC but ability to plug in a fan is a good thing for the cabin.

So.....summer is over and I a ready for it to be over.....though it's supposed to be 110 degrees on Saturday. Sigh...now if the weather wouldsimply agree with us!!!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Well, mine are pre-teens instead of teens but all the same conditions apply around here. Oh- and add in LOTS more messes in the summer. I need them back on a routine too!

I'm so glad your kids got to enjoy EFY together. Totally cool! Beautiful kids and I love the blue, blue eyes!