Thursday, August 11, 2011

Encouraging Insanity

My job...encourages my insanity. I am encouraged to have fun with my job and complete some pleasant surprises for the guests checking in. We have one guest....dear Mr Erwin. Mr Erwin wasn't feeling well today. I asked him if there was anythign I could do to help him and he turned me down. Instead he walked away and went to work. Not willing to sit by I took a Get Well Soon card and wrote him a little message:

"Mr. Erwin, I hope you feel better, so we can have a "ball" again soon!!" Again offering any assistance if he needs anything. The card was accompanied by a fully inflated beach ball to great him as he came in.

Later he came back. I again told him to let me know if he needs anything. He said he would be fine. About 20 minutes later he emerged from his room and came downstairs for a nice cup of tea. He looked at me with a smile on his face. He said :"You are a sweetheart. Thank you for making me smile...I needed it."

Mission Accomplished.....AND my insanity carried on. My manager thought it was great and told me to keep a look out for anyone else I can help. I love it!

No comments: