Monday, August 9, 2010

Ever Have One of Those Days?!?!


Post may be graphic!!! It was a bad day...Readers who are squeamish may want to skip this post!!!!

Now that I got that out of the way I feel much better!!!
So I was starting back to work and needed to take the bus on in. It was a meet and greet for the newest Luxury Hotel in Waikiki. Amazing truly!!! I would LOVE to stay here. I needed to be thee. My stats have also been hectic crazy and stunk so i am going into the office anyway. I began my trek at 5am waking up and out the door to my first bus stop by 5:30am. After a shot 20 minute walk I amde it to the bus stop and waited for just about 10 minutes before I climbed on board. It brought me to my fist transfer at the transit center...then off to downtown and the RiverWalk area. I have to say, I truly love the RiverWalk. It is an amazing place with a great vibe. Old buildings, a meandering river and my bus breaks down. I can either wait for an hour for the next bus to come by or I can head back home....I head home. I get home at 8:33am...I'm supposed to start work at 8:30am. Life sucks now!!! Not to mention the fact that my cycle is in full Niagara Falls mode and I am literally dying. Hubby runs me to work I call and end up 45 minutes late. I make it in time for my meeting though and luckily for me I end up walking away with a beach towel. I work the rest of my shift in terror because I was lateand my stats are stinking so bad there is a chance I will lose my job over this. From there I finish the rest of my shift getting ready to leave and head to the bus stop. I am none too thrilled because of my experience earlier in the day....and I've just leaked all ove our office chairs that are covered in fabric....I SUCK!!!! A co-worker then is sweet enough to give me a ride to the bus stop which is about 2 miles down the road. I wait for the bus and realize I've just stepped in dog doo.


I then climb on the bus and suddenly realize I should've crossed the highway and grabbed the bus on the other side...I've now added an extra hour onto my commute. I then wait and head to the darkest reaches of San Antonio and transfer to the next bus. At this point my Ipod is running out of power and I've watched 2 movies already. Oh yeah!!! Two full movies!!!

I switch to my next bus, my foot still smells like dog poop, I am praying my pad holds until I get home, and I have no idea where I am. This next bus keeps me on it for another 1 1/2 hours crossing town slower than a turtle after smoking marijuana. Getting more and more upset now. By the time I make it to the final transit station where I am waiting for my bus I run to the bathroom and find out I look like I've performed a home surgery. Thank heavens I was wearing black. I climb on my last bus. I make it home...

Oh yeah...and I forgot...I haven't had my surgery yet so my foot is killing by now. I get off the bus and begin walking the final 20 minutes to home only to be bothered by a couple of little girls trying to sell kittens for $75 each. I was kind...surprised but kind. By the time I make i all the way home walkingin the humidity and it is over a hundred degrees I've made a journey from work that lasted...


4 HOURS!!!!!! That's right...4 stinking long hours. needless to say I googled a map and found a much better route with 2 express busses which I now take and get home within 1 1/2 hours. Much better.

The moral to the story?!?!?!

Hmmm....I can't really think of any at this point, but I was thankful for my two feet I had and even though I had pain I could walk where I needed to walk....though I think I could've walked directly home in 4 hours. Just a thought!!!


Poetry of Life said...

I'm so sorry. My sister in law once said, "some days we are the pigeon and others the statue." You were totally the statue today sweetie! I hope tomorrow is better!

Hatch Family said... was for sure a not one of your best days.

Silcox Stories said...

That just plain sucks, no matter how you spin it! I guess that just means there is a great day around the corner.

Freyja Colborn said...

Well I certainly hope things are getting Better for you Tammy and that you don't have another horrid day like that again.