Saturday, February 20, 2010

Getting Up at 5:30am on Saturday...Priceless

Waking up at 5:30am on a Saturday may not seem like fun for all, but for me...it was priceless.

My alarm went off and I leapt from my bed on the way to wake up my oldest. She was able to sleep in today...5am wake up on Seminary mornings after all. She was awake...for 10 minutes trying to calm her nerves. Today after all was her day.

I showered and got changed while hubby, begrudgingly rolled out of bed and forced his eyes open...he has never been a morning person, but he woke up. The three of us quickly ate and headed out, my youngest two snoozed away as we left.

We drove through the fog to reach a high school across town. Outside we waited and waited until Corinna's teacher FINALLY arrived. As the other high schoolers rode in, cars, busses, whatever it took Corinna held tight to her artwork her teacher had asked her to enter into the Visual Art Scholastic Education regional competition. School after school began to appear as the artsy kids we know and love talked exitedly about their craft. Such amazing talents of the youth around here.

One by one the kids were led to their assigned classroom where a Juror anxiously awaited each student. Each student was questioned about their piece of art and the technique they used. They also were able to talk about their feelings and what message they hoped to accomplish with their artwork.

VERY few parents were there in support of their children. It's not like we can go into their interview with them. A handful of us sat watching the artists of tomorrow nervously await their judging...

The verdict? We won't know until monday. However, I think she rocked it with her self portrait!!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Gorgeous!!

H.K. said...

Wow! I got chills looking at your daughter's portrait- she is talented!

p.s. Thank you for your supportive comment, I tried sending you an email, but for some reason it bounced back. I think I have an old email address-if you have time send me your new email address.

Silcox Stories said...

Go Corinna! And go super supportive parents!