Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Reach Up For The Sunrise


Reach up for the sunrise
Put your hands into the big sky
You can touch the sunrise
Feel the new day enter your life



Many of you know my intense devotion to Duran Duran that has spanned nearly 3 decades of my life. With the new year approaching fast I have another reason to love Simon, John, Roger Nick and Andy....Why yes, I do remember their names!!!

I was listening to some of my favorite 80's tunes while cooking, much to the dismay of my children, when his song came up. "Reach up for the Sunrise" is actually from the 90's I believe and it touched my heart. I've taken it as my new theme for the year. his past year has been....well, shall we say trying.

With the birth of a new year brings new life. A fresh start and reason to let go of last year and start again. Several years down the road we will look back and not remember the pain and stress we were under. We will simply remember the survival and success afterwards. At the end of every night brings the sunrise...a rebirth so to say.

My goal for 2010 is to smile big, laugh often and love everyone around me. However, my biggest goal is to forget...brush off the negativity from last year and step into the sunshine again.

No comments: