Monday, June 21, 2010

Remember That Light at the End of the Tunnel?!

I've asked myself constantly...

"Are we there yet?!"

And guess what?!

WE'RE THERE!!!!!!!!!

Hubby and I have spent the weekend moving whatever we could into our new home. The carpets have yet to be cleaned, but it is planned. From there the house needs a good scrubbing every corner of the house. We ran over there this morning and borrowed my best friend's SUV again to bring as much as we could before Saturday. Besides, a few of the things we needed for Corinna for camp...were brought to the house...Ooopsie!!!

We picked up the items and dropped Corinna off for camp. We bid our eldest good bye. Our sweet Bryan was woken up this morning at 4:15am to head off to scout camp. Tomorrow brings one more farewell as we send our youngest to Girl's Camp for the first time...she is so excited about the shows, the fun, the learning and most especially the horseback riding.

Tomorrow we begin our 4 nights with no kids in the home. That can only mean one thing....


I instead we are working our week while trying to make usre everything else for the move is finished.

The best news is that after a long hard hunt for Hubby to find a new job with fulltime hours I am happy to report...the search is over. today after dropping child 1 off for her trip up to cmap he received a call offering a job as long as he passes the criminal background check. I am so thrilled. He was offered a position at the high school my daughter just finished her freshman year at. She is moving to another school so there won't be any problems. He is literally dancing and the move is a good thing for him. Yes, we will lose our discount at Target, but it will be so worth it in the end.

I also made it to the doctor again for my third cortison shot into my heel. It's not working my friends, but we are hoping for a miracle. My dcotor and I have discussed the surgery which he is believing may be necessary at this point. He explained the procedure and told me it would be an outpatient surgery that would keep me out of work for just a few days to recover and that is a good thing. It is a 15 minute procedure I would be awake through. Only an hour before the surgery for prep, 15 minutes for the actual surgery and 1 hour after for recovery. From there I will go home wearing a foot cast for three weeks to allow my foot time to recover. I can hardly wait to walk without pain. This is a good thing.

So my friends, I THANK YOU ALL!!! for your incredible support you've given myself and my family. I am grateful for the prayers and strength and the friends along the way who wound their way into my heart. I love you all for your kindness and your cheering. Starting July 6th...Hubby's first day....I will step out into the sunlight for the first time in two years.

Perhaps I should wear sunglasses.


Poetry of Life said...

Yay Tammy!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Jen said...

Congrats! Sorry about the surgery, but it sounds like the best bet. Post pics of the house!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.