Monday, October 29, 2007

Slowing Down

If there is one thing that i noticed about California that truly drives me bananas is that people are running from one place to another always playing catch up. What would happen if everyone in California just slowed down? What would happen if we all just took a deep breath and slowed down. We used to rush rush rush from one place to another trying to fit everything in. We ran to the mall just to walk around, we would run to have dinner here, catch a movie there. I am so tired of running!!!!! So guess what we did?! We stopped. Seriously we stopped running from place to place. It had gotten so bad that I had to tell everyone to call my cell phone if they wanted to get in touch with me. That's pretty bad. Well, I am not so tired any longer. We are actually eating at home more...that used to be a rarity...i lost most of my cooking skills. Ugh!!! Anyway, I noticed that the kids were happier and we didn't get argumentative like we used to. We spend more time playing like we used to and it made things simpler. We have gotten so that we play more games like Bocce ball, Frisbee, volleyball...or whatever we feel like doing. Try simplifying your life and let me know what you think!!!

No comments: