Thursday, February 20, 2014

One Step at a Time

It's a crazy phenomenon...I can't stand it but I now find myself part of it. It started simply enough, at work of all places!!! Our manager in an effort for us all to focus on our health and well being had opted to purchase Fitbits for all of the managers. A Fitibt is part pedometer part facebook, but it focuses on making you healthy. Wearing a Fitbit keeps you alert on how many calories you've burned and how many steps you've taken each day. It syncs to your phone/computer and allows you to have friends who also show how many steps they've taken. You can cheer or taunt them. It's a fun way to make ourselves aware of where we are and from where we've come.

I received mine yesterday and find myself today walking more than I was used to. All I want is a steady gain from the day before until I level off where everyone else is at. Our property goal is 10,000 steps a day. Nothing much for my crazy marathon runner of a coworker, but she is my biggest cheerleader helping me move my pudgy feet a little faster.

How far will I get? Only my Fitbit will know!


***Update- I made it over 10,000 steps today - Now that is a WIN!!!***

No comments: